Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors of BuzzMug, (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information.
When you place orders for purchased products or access your payment information, BuzzMug uses an advanced encryption known as Secure Socket Layering (SSL) to protect the storage and transfer of your data from unauthorized parties. On a secure page, such as our checkout form, a lock or key icon appears on the address bar of your web browser, or at the bottom of your web browser. You will also see a URL, or web address, that begins with "https://".
In addition to our online security efforts we take reasonable steps to protect your personal data offline as well. BuzzMug's main servers are operated by a dedicated internet hosting facility with state of the art physical security features, including smoke detection and fire systems, motion sensors, and 24x7 secured access, as well as video camera surveillance and security breach.
Secure Socket Layer (SSL Certificate)
BuzzMug.com works hard to ensure the security of our customer information, and uses an Extended Validation SSL Certificate. An EV SSL is the next level in visual authentication. Real time web identity assurance is delivered our customers. EV delivers a green browser bar indicating site authentication with no user action required. Recognized by 99.3% of current Internet users, an EV SSL Certificate is an ideal way of securing a web server, intranet, extranes and web site.
What an EV SSL Certificate Does For You:
- To receive an EV SSL Certificate, BuzzMug was required to go through a very stringent validation process by the certificate issuer. This ensures that you, the customer, are dealing with a reputable and real company.
- Your identity protection carries a $250,000 warranty. Comodo, the certificate issuer, guarantees the security of your data with this warranty.
- Information passed through encryption levels up to 256 bit, the highest levels currently available to the public.
- When accessing a secure page, you may see the green address bar. This is a quick visual method to ensure you're on a highly secured site. NOTE: The green address bar is web browser dependent.
- Extended Validation will only be given to online businesses that can be verified through secure authentication processes that meet the extended validation guidelines established by the CA/Browser Forum.
Collection of Information
BuzzMug collects personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfill you specific request/order. This information is only used to fulfill your specific request, unless you give BuzzMug permission to use it in another manner, for example to add you to one of our mailing lists or for special promotions.
If you elect to purchase a product from the BuzzMug web site, you will be required to provide us with certain personal information, including your name, email address, credit card number, expiration date, and billing address (this required information is subject to change from time to time). There may be opportunities for you to provide us with additional information, however, it is not required and is completely optional. Additional data collected from you based upon certain services you elect to utilize on our web site, email addresses for example, maybe used to store and send greeting cards. By obtaining this information, we provide our members with specific content and advertising in which they may be interested. None of this information is required to use our service or to become a user; however, the omission of certain data will limit the value of your use of these features.
The BuzzMug web site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the site, and understanding how visitors use the site. Cookies can also help customize the site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Distribution of Information
BuzzMug may share information with government agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Use of Your Personal Information
If you have provided BuzzMug your consent via opt-in subscription, we may use the information we have collected about you in the following ways:
- To send personalized, targeted information that we think our users will find relevant, either from BuzzMug or its Business Partners
- To support any of your requests like order processing
- To send promotions and coupons based on user interests
- To contact the user for feedback and surveys
- To send the user other information about BuzzMug or its Business Partners. These communications may include but are not limited to email and postal mail.
Privacy Contact Information
By email: sales (at) buzzmug.com
By Phone: 1-877-816-1626
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted.